Public Service Announcements
Send Us Your Public Announcements
We welcome public service announcements appropriate for airing on the news and information format of Public Radio 89.5 or the fine arts format of Classical 89.5. The fastest way to submit announcments is through our Events page submission form. E-mail PSAs to email@example.com or fax or mail them to the address below. We reserve the right to edit or reject all submissions. Download the PSA submission guidelines below.
Your Guide to a Free On-Air Public Service Announcement
- Public service announcements must be submitted by non-profit organizations.
- Public service announcements will be run as early as one month before the event. Information sent three to seven days before the event have less of a chance of making it on-air due to a constant influx of announcement requests sent to PRT.
- Normally PRT will not announce monthly meetings, events for profit- making businesses, or events that may only affect a very small portion of the community. PSAs are broadcast at the discretion of PRT management and PSA director.
Announcement information should have the following
- Time of events - If more then one day, the times for each day, if needed, an itinerary for the activities during the event
- Day/days the event will take place
- Place and address of event or events
- Name of the event and a name of the non-profit organization sponsoring or setting up the event • Is there a deadline for tickets or reservations?
- A courtesy call or e-mail if the event is changed, cancelled, sold out, extended or incorrect • A description about the event, background information or/and a history about the event
- Contact number for more information
- Phonetic pronunciation of names if needed
- PRT normally does not specify cost, but we will inform the public if the event is free
PSAs should be submitted in finished form, not as a list of bullet points. This means roughly 30 seconds of written copy (70-85 words). You may submit PSAs by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax (918-631-3695).
Website Event Submissions
Public Events features arts & entertainment, educational, and community service events in the metro Tulsa area and surrounding communities. Listings are collected from site visitors, arts organizations, venues, Public Radio 89.5, and Classical 88.7.
All submissions will be reviewed and approved by the Public Service Announcement (PSA) director at Public Radio Tulsa (PRT) before appearing on the site. PRT reserves the right to edit or refuse any submissions.
- Events must be presented by or for the benefit of a nonprofit organization.
- As part of our commitment to impartial programming, PRT does not promote openly partisan political events or issues. Please keep this in mind when submitting events. An event’s partisanship or lack thereof will ultimately be determined by PRT management and its PSA Director.
- PRT does not air PSAs for regularly scheduled or holiday religious services. However, we do promote concerts, recitals, classes, lectures, or other non- worship events presented by churches or religious organizations.
- PRT does not air PSAs that are direct appeals for funds, even by nonprofit organizations. We do air PSAs for fundraising events that benefit nonprofit organizations and that offer a unique or tangible benefit or experience to our audience.
- PSAs on PRT are provided free of charge, and we do not accept payment in exchange for airing them. Paid underwriting on PRT may be purchased by contacting The Blackmon Group at (800) 496-8060.
PRT does not announce cancellations of events, including those for which we’ve run PSAs. This also includes school cancellations in the event of severe weather or for any other reason. Please note that we do not take responsibility for inaccurate information sent to PRT. Please contact the PSA Director if you notice inaccurate information in event listings. You can do so by calling (918) 631-3097, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
When entering events on our Web site
- Make sure you select the proper category for the event.
- Enter the event at least 2 weeks prior to event date.
- Include your contact information so we can contact you in case we have questions.
- Fill out all information required as completely as possible. Listings with missing information are less likely to get posted.